Dietary supplements are biologically active additives that are used as an additional source of active substances. Their goal is to fill the deficiency of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and optimize the human diet. Supplements are very popular today. Every year more and more people think about preventive measures for their health.
These measures have become a daily routine. Some people want to enhance their activity with the help of dietary supplements, while others use them to improve the functioning of internal organs. Nevertheless, everyone approaches the reception consciously, knowing about the benefits. Each vitamin manufacturer is sure that they will be popular, therefore, adjusting to the consumers’ need, they produce dietary supplements in various convenient forms: pills, drops, capsules, powder, extracts, tinctures.
Dietary supplements are produced from natural or synthetic raw materials. Depending on the raw materials used, dietary supplements are divided into:
- nutraceuticals — to optimize the diet;
- parapharmaceuticals — aimed at improving the natural processes in the body;
- eubiotics — contain living beneficial organisms present in the human intestine.
For dietary supplements to be effective, production must be organized in strict accordance with the rules and regulations. The entire production process is divided into the following stages:
- Procurement of raw materials and quality control. At this stage, ingredients of inadequate quality are rejected.
- Processing raw materials that have passed quality control. This stage includes preparation, sieving, purification, grinding, dilution and filtration.
- Preparing the product for packaging.
- Product packaging and labeling.
- Standardization of the finished product and implementation.
Vitamins manufacturers independently determine the scale of their business. And it depends on the type of equipment. If your production performs a full cycle of dietary supplement production, you should choose a ready-made solution – production lines. Manufacturers of such equipment usually offer each entrepreneur individual and effective business solutions:
- line of capsulation and packaging of capsules;
- line of tableting and packaging of tablets in blisters;
- line of powder packaging;
- line of effervescent pill production.
In each production line, in addition to the main equipment, there are also other items. This includes dryers, homogenizers, and glass-lined reactors. The set depends on the type of product being manufactured.
When planning to open a business, a vitamins manufacturer must independently select the appropriate packaging. It plays an important role in the choice of the product by the customer. People initially pay attention to the appearance, and only then to the content. Therefore, the packaging of dietary supplements should be attractive, bright, catchy and, at the same time, evoke the right associations with the product. It is the link between the manufacturer and the customer.
Although dietary supplements are not a drug, the requirements for the design and labeling of packaging remain high:
- ensuring the quality and safety of products;
- safe food packaging material;
- designation of the manufacturer’s trademark, documentation, composition and consumer properties.
It is customary to see the implementation of dietary supplements in offline points: pharmacies, kiosks, shops. This is due to the fact that they have special storage conditions. But given the interest of users in buying vitamins online, selling dietary supplements in online stores is becoming a very profitable business. This means that you can quickly occupy a fairly profitable part of the market.
Opening a dietary supplements business is not only about helping people maintain their health. This is also a painstaking process that requires knowledge, adherence to the norms and rules of implementation, which will ultimately bring pleasure and high income.